IGBT (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistor) module is a device required for inverter use in many types of industrial equipment, and had driven the trend towards high currents and high voltage since 1990.
The chip structure also evolved from a flat planar structure to a trench gate structure, and the CSTBT™ (Mitsubishi Electric's unique IGBT that makes use of the carrier cumulative effect) has enabled low loss and smaller size for industrial equipment.
From the 5th generation IGBT, the lineup has included composite products*1 with a thin profile (NX type) in addition to the former external shape (standard type).
From the S series (6th generation IGBT), there has been additionally offered the T/T1 series (7th generation IGBT), with low power loss and smaller size.
Incorporates an inverter, 3-phase converter and brake circuit in a single package
• New modules equipped with three-phase converter, inverter, and brake circuit(CIB), contributes to simplifying design for inverter systems
• CIB modules contribute to compact inverter systems by reducing package size by 36% compared to the Mitsubishi Electric's existing module.(CIB)
• Power loss has been reduced with the introduction of the 7th-generation IGBT produced using CSTBT™*2 and a diode incorporating a relaxed field of cathode (RFC) structure
• The new structure introduced eliminates the solder-attached section, increasing the thermal cycle lifetime, which contributes to improving the reliability of inverters
• The introduction of press-fit pins and PC-TIM*1 contribute to simplifying the assembly process for inverters
New structure realizes improved reliability(improved thermal cycle lifetime)
Power Modules for 3-level Inverters
•Compatible with 3-level inverters, reducing power consumption approx. 30％*1
•New package developed*2 contributing to lower inductance and simplified inverter circuit structure
•IGBT specifications optimized*3 with development of new compact, low-inductance package
4-in-1*4 and 1-in-1/2-in-1*5 lineup contributes to improved compactness and freedom in inverter design
Comparison between 3-level inverter incorporated in this device and 2-level inverter in conventional device.
1-in-1/2-in-1 type external dimensions of 130x67mm, 4-in-1 type external dimensions of 115x82mm, new package developed with innovative terminal positioning.
IGBT specifications optimized for 3-level inverters, adopting CSTBT™ (Mitsubishi Electric’s unique IGBT that makes use of the carrier cumulative effect).
4-in-1 module with one 3-level inverter arm in one package.
Bidirectional switch model as emitter common connection.
Internal circuit diagram
Darrah Electric is an authorized distributor for Mitsubishi Electric. Click here to see our inventory or call our sales for questions or lead times at (216) 631-0912